Unanswered: "Illegal Operation" - this is a weird one

Hello all,

I created a table a while back named "Country_State_Region", and while creating it, got loads of error messages like "you can't change the name of this field" when I wasn't trying to, etc.
    Around this time Access crashed, and when I relaunched it, the table was sitting there.

Now, any time I even double click on the same table in the DB's dialog, I get an error, and Access crashes.
    I need to get rid of this dodgy table, in order to seperate the DB design from its data, but I keep getting the error anytime I go near this table. I can't even get into it's design view to look at the field names. (I've attached a pic of the error below.)
    I'm running Access97 (sr1) on a win2000 machine that's also running Office2000.

Has anyone seen something like this before?

Cheers
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.bmp  

ps - apologies for posting the attachment as a bitmap - it takes a bit to download....

Easy solution is to open a blank database and import all the objects,data etc apart from the dodgy table.

Sorry if I'm being a bit simplistic or is there more to this problem.

Yup - simplistic all right, but worked a treat! I'm just a dope and woulda never thought of that. Cheers, mate.
    Still a bit concerned as to why it happened in the first place, tho....

Thanks again,
    Dave

No problem.

Paul