Question Unanswered: Choosing decimal symbol (comma, please! :))

Hello!

I'm having a slight problem figuring out how to make a field in an Access ADP accept input using comma as decimal symbol.

The setup consists of an Access ADP connected to a SQL2000-server running on W2K(Adv). Both machines have regional settings pointing to Denmark and thus decimal symbol is ','.

When entering data through the interface made as forms in the ADP, I'm forced to enter '.' as decimal symbol for fields defined as DECIMAL(12,2) (for instance). ....This is actually a situation I could live with, if it weren't for the problems I face when trying to base calculus on these fields (doing some input checking).

Instead of resorting to making tedious code to handle the situation I know turn to you guys for help!

Regards ....and THANKS in advance!
    Ult

NB: As an appetizer I can tell that if I multiply 1.00 with 1.00 I get 10000.00! ...So the problem is quite annoying, if you're not into opening a can of coding-with-a-distinct-feeling-of-this-is-not-quite-the-best-solution!

Re: Choosing decimal symbol (comma, please! :))

Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data

Thanx for replying, Enigma!

I admit the problem has a touch of both worlds (Access/MSSQL) but believe/hope the problem has to do with MS SQL - all my 'pure' Access applications have none of the described problems.

I have of course not found any solution in the Access part of this forum.

U
    ...Still open for bright ideas!

Btw, if anybody has a way to make insert-statements via Analyser accept decimals written with ',' instead of '.' it might just be part of the solution, I'm looking for!

...Or if anybody could 'kill this idea' by confirming it's not possible (at least without using 'format'-functions....)?

The setup consists of an Access ADP connected to a SQL2000-server running on W2K(Adv).
    Oops .. I missed that (Did not read the entire post ) !!!! Let me think about it then !!
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data