Unanswered: partial restore of server-backup

For financial reasons we want to restore part of the full-server backup of a DB2 server , namely the database file of one of the databases.

If we would restore this into a different folder could we somehow get to the data of that moment.

Or should we create a backup of the database now. Restore the partial backup of the server into the current folder , acces the data through the database and later on restore the backup we made today.

I am clinging at straws here, but perhaps someone has encountered this type of problem before.........
    Ties Blom
    Senior Application Developer BI
    Getronics Healthcare
    DB2,ORACLE,Powercenter,BusObj,Access,
    SQL, SQL server

Re: partial restore of server-backup

Originally posted by blom0344
    For financial reasons we want to restore part of the full-server backup of a DB2 server , namely the database file of one of the databases.

If we would restore this into a different folder could we somehow get to the data of that moment.

Or should we create a backup of the database now. Restore the partial backup of the server into the current folder , acces the data through the database and later on restore the backup we made today.

I am clinging at straws here, but perhaps someone has encountered this type of problem before.........
    It the OS backup was created when the database wasn't active restoring the files might work. You need the db2relocatedb command to be able to use it.

Regards, Gert

Thanks Gert,

As it turned out we appeared to have a backup of the database all the same,so I could restore the database backup file into another database and get at the data............
    Ties Blom
    Senior Application Developer BI
    Getronics Healthcare
    DB2,ORACLE,Powercenter,BusObj,Access,
    SQL, SQL server