Unanswered: Paradox V7 convert to V11

Trying to convert data, but getting "..delivered form was compiled with an earlier version .... recompile source with current version" this is when I'm trying to open a form (.fdl) what extension does source code have?
    I've got forms, tables, queries and reports to convert to Ver 11.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Gale.

FDLs are are compiled forms. The source forms have the FSL extensions. Open one in design mode and and click CTL-D to recompile it into the current version's FDL, then save the FSL. Reports are RDLs (compiled) and RSLs (source). Tables should not be affected.

page size

testing the reports to a laser printer (A4), but properties always changing to User Defined, no matter what I change, it always changes back to user defined (which I think is letter size). Any ideas how to alter permanently?

It's possible that the printer set-up is handled internally by Paradox code. A test would be to run a report externally (double click it from the project viewer) and then print it. If it prints the way you want, but reverts to some other configuration when you print from another Paradox object (like a form or script) then you can examine the objectPAL code to see what needs to be changed.

Other than that possibility, there may be a printer driver conflict. You might try using a different printer or driver to test.

still "no-wurky"

OK, tried from my Win 2k laptop to Bro HL1250 driver - printed fine, tried from customers XP Pro to bro 1250 driver- still get user defined, when change to A4, it prints all to one page, so cuts off pages 2 to whatever.
    I tried creating a new table/ report so avoiding my converted data, and it also picks User Def. Is there a config file for paradox anywhere?
    Gale.

There is no config file that addresses printer issues. I have not used V11 (or 10) but I know there is a patch for Paradox Runtime at: ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/Paradox/Paradox11/

If they follow their usual pattern, the patch for Regular Paradox itself will be in a suite update somewhere on Corels site.

The culprit is most likely XP. Try logging in as an administrator to see if it is permissions related somehow.

changed the driver to HP LJ6P and prints are working fine now! That's brother printers for you.
    Thanks for all the assistance.
    Gale