Unanswered: Running utilities using ADO

Hi,

I am trying to run a DB2 utility called runstats (to analyze tables) using ADO. I have tried the recordset and Command objects. But I get an error saying that SQL did not inerpret this command, and was expecting <JOIN> keyword.

I am using IBM's ODBC driver and my DB2 is on Windows. I want to run DB2 utilities using an ADO application.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Running utilities using ADO

Originally posted by skg1
    Hi,

I am trying to run a DB2 utility called runstats (to analyze tables) using ADO. I have tried the recordset and Command objects. But I get an error saying that SQL did not inerpret this command, and was expecting <JOIN> keyword.

I am using IBM's ODBC driver and my DB2 is on Windows. I want to run DB2 utilities using an ADO application.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    runstats isn't a SQL statement. You need to run it as a system command ('db2 runstats on table...') or using the db2Runstats API.

regards, Gert

Re: Running utilities using ADO

Originally posted by GertK
    runstats isn't a SQL statement. You need to run it as a system command ('db2 runstats on table...') or using the db2Runstats API.

regards, Gert

Can you suggest how I can run it as a systems command from a VB application? At present I am calling the shell to run the batch script which executes the runstats command. But this also means that I need to copy the DOS batch script everytime I install the application.

Is there any other way to do it, for example, by using some VB object?

Thanks