Red face Unanswered: How to access Foxpro database from VB6???

I have a problem for accessing foxprodatabase from VB6.0.

I put the EXE file on the server, the application which is written by VB6.0 is working fine except it CAN NOT retrieve data from Foxpro database. I checked it and found the problem is that there is no Foxpro installed on the client computer, I think if I installed Foxpro on the client computer, it should be working, but due to the License Problem(my boss doesn't want to spend more money on it), I can't do it.

SO, how can I do to make the application retrieving data from Foxpro database without Foxpro installed on client computer?????

Please help me out with it, I'll appreciate it very much!

Please contact me at audrey112471@yahoo.com

You should be able to use an odbc connection. How are you connecting to the database now ?

run time error 429

now, I fixed that problem, but another problem is occured after I run my application on the client computer which is no VB6.0 installed:

run time error"429":
    activeX component can't create object

any idea about this??? I'll appreciate it very much!

Ice11

Exclamation

In order for a VB application to actually work on another computer, each and every OCX that is used by the application must be installed there, too.

To make things even worse, you may find that you must separately license them, or purchase a considerably more expensive "developer's edition," in order to obtain controls, drivers, and so-forth that will operate on a different computer.

Merry X-ma$ from Redmond... "Resistance is futile; prepare to pay."
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Did you create a package for your application ? What you have described by copying the exe to the server is not proper "packaging" of your application. Every client that uses your executable also needs files registered on their machine as well. Luckily for windows 2000 users, the majority of these files already exist on their machines. If you are referencing an object in your application that the client does not have the corresponding registered file - you will receive this message.

hai ice11 can u show me a way that how vb6 access to fox pro database?
    anyway thanks you very much first