Unhappy Unanswered: There isn't enough Memory to perform this operation.

Hello Everyone!
    Advanced thanks for helping me here.

Whenever, I am opening Access 2002 application,
    the error pops saying,

"There isn't enought memory to perform this operation. Please close unneeded programs and try again."

With this, I have to kill the Access App through Task Manager.

I have been working on this Application from past 6 months, and never did I encounter this problem before.

I dont know what's the cause for this error. Tried following ways, but none seem to be helpful

1. Uninstalled Access 2002 and installed again

2. Thought database is corrupted, transferred files to new one and compiled, no errors on compilation. New database still shows same error.

3. Application opens a main form with a autoexec, so I opened the app holding the shift key. DB is shown, but if I use any menu item, again the same error pops up.

I greatly greatly appreciate if someone can help me out in knowing the cause for this unexpected memory leakage. It is kind of urgent to make some changes in app and its not allowing me.

Thanks a lot,
    Lavanya

Did you make any changes to your forms that might have affected performance?
    I spent some time testing a large Access2000 DB a while back, and got the same error. We found it only happened on some fairly old machines that had crap integrated graphics cards. On certain large forms that had (pointless) wallpapered backgrounds, when you scrolled down through the form the graphics card couldn't handle all the repainting on the form, and the error occurred. Removing the backgrounds from the form solved the problem.
    Just a thought...

Have a look at the MS knowledge base - chances are this is a known issue.

D

Thanks very much Daver!!

I haven't made any major changes to the form, which can effect the performace.

I have tried, removing the background picture, same error
    popped up.

I have looked in MS Knowledge Base, but dint find relevant information.

I have converted the Access 97 to Access 2002 and have been working on it. Would that instigate such errors.

THanks Again,
    Lavanya

Originally posted by daver
    Did you make any changes to your forms that might have affected performance?
    I spent some time testing a large Access2000 DB a while back, and got the same error. We found it only happened on some fairly old machines that had crap integrated graphics cards. On certain large forms that had (pointless) wallpapered backgrounds, when you scrolled down through the form the graphics card couldn't handle all the repainting on the form, and the error occurred. Removing the backgrounds from the form solved the problem.
    Just a thought...

Have a look at the MS knowledge base - chances are this is a known issue.

D

You can open just Access right?

Sounds like you have a corrupted form or a runaway loop ... Have you tried stepping thru the code to see where it blows up at?

If it is corrupted form, how I can recover it.

Coming to runaway loop, i did debug in step-by-step fashion.Nothing helps. I will do that once again.

Thank you.

Originally posted by M Owen
    You can open just Access right?

Sounds like you have a corrupted form or a runaway loop ... Have you tried stepping thru the code to see where it blows up at?