Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: log shipping

Unanswered: log shipping

Hello

I'm trying to setup a Log Shipping feature between my two MS SQL 2000 Enterprise boxes and I end up with following error:

Error 50007: xp_repl_encrypt: Error executing srv_paramsetoutput

Can someone help me here? I'm sure someone have already done it or at least tryed it.

Thanks in advance

Re: log shipping

First of all, at what stage did you get this error, during the setup, when you were running it? Please give more information.

Re: log shipping

Originally posted by joejcheng
    First of all, at what stage did you get this error, during the setup, when you were running it? Please give more information.
    while "Initializing Destination: dbs2.dbn" at the "Completing the Database Maintenance Plan Wizard"

where dbs2 = is my secondary server and dbn = is my database name

i can't really belive that no one familiar with that issue?

no one ever setup a log shipping feature on their sqls? is it so rare?

I've set up (or re-set) log shipping several times. Never saw that error. Are you doing some kind of encryption somewhere (SSL certificates, encrypted columns?). A bit more info would be helpful.

Regards,

hmscott

I have been using log shipping as my hot backup systems for the last 2 years, but never have gotten this error. I wish you could tell us more information as I have asked you in my last reply so we can try to help you out. We are missing all the basic information like what OS you are running, is your sql 2000 on sp1, 2, or 3 , etc.... The more info you can give us, the more someone( not just me) would say 'Oh! I think I can help.' Please help us and help yourself. Thanks.

Originally posted by hmscott
    I've set up (or re-set) log shipping several times. Never saw that error. Are you doing some kind of encryption somewhere (SSL certificates, encrypted columns?). A bit more info would be helpful.

Regards,

hmscott
    What I did is just installed SQL on both of freshly installed Windows 2000 servers, went to the wizard and tryed to set up log shipping, just freshly out of box install and yet i'm unable to do that.

what I dont understand the most is how is it possible, where microsoft was looking for, if a person who just bought their product using again their wizard can't set this up..

Originally posted by joejcheng
    I have been using log shipping as my hot backup systems for the last 2 years, but never have gotten this error. I wish you could tell us more information as I have asked you in my last reply so we can try to help you out. We are missing all the basic information like what OS you are running, is your sql 2000 on sp1, 2, or 3 , etc.... The more info you can give us, the more someone( not just me) would say 'Oh! I think I can help.' Please help us and help yourself. Thanks.
    i'm sorry, i wasn't really sure what information you guys need, sorry about that..

I'm running, two servers that I just received from HP, I believe they are DL360 with 2 Processors and 1Gb of RAM each. I installed a Microsoft Windows 2000 on it then I went to windowsupdate page and download every single update there, then I installed Microsoft SQL 2000 on it and then I installed Microsoft SQL 2000 Service Pack , I belive it was 3a.

Then I went to Enterprise Manager, created a database name "test" and tryed to setup log shipping using that wizard

i was following every step what help told me to do. (help that comes w/ sql 2000 server)

that's about it..

uh, sorry.. just wanted to remind about myself.. kinda of an important project for me and i can't figure it out

Hi

What UserID are you using on both Servers ? Do they have required previliges ?

username and passwords are identical on both computers..

Are you using SSL or any encryption in the database (encrypted SPs or columns?).

hmscott

not to my best knowledge..

i create a pretty much blank database and i tryed to setup log shippin for it..

Are either of the servers set up to use Replication? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I have done log shipping for quite a while (over 2 years now) and I have never seen an error message like yours.

regards,

hmscott

the answer is no, as i state in my previous post, its a freshly installed windows 2000 server and sql 2000 enterprise edition, created a fresh database, then i went to wizard to do log shipping and thats where i end up..

tell me what other steps did you do while trying to set it up? i mean did you create any usersnames? did you do anything at all?

p.s. i dont consider any questions are dumb since you guys trying to help me and you have to check any possibilitys