Red face Unanswered: Cannot add a user using Control Center

There was a similar posting about this topic earlier this year, but in reading the replies, no suitable responses were given.

Here is my situation... I cannot add a new user to DB2 7.2 for Linux using a client-side Windows 2000 DB2 Control Center (software specs below). I am logged in as the instance owner, and after right-clicking on a database, and clicking on "Authorities", the "Database Authorities" window comes up... I click on the button "Add User" and nothing happens... no pop-up window, no message, no nothing. I can add authorities via command line (GRANT), but I have others on the team who are not command line saavy, so any help would be appreciated.

DB2 for Linux version (server):
    DB21085I Instance "db2inst1" uses DB2 code release "SQL07023" with level identifier "03040105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.0.55", "s011211" and "U480366".

DB2 Windows 2000 version (client):
    DB21085I Instance "DB2" uses DB2 code release "SQL07020" with level identifier "03010105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.0.40", "n010415" and "WR21254".

THANK YOU!

try going into the db
    click in User and Groups Objects folder
    right-click on DB Uers folder
    choose add

See if that works

Originally posted by tmullins
    try going into the db
    click in User and Groups Objects folder
    right-click on DB Uers folder
    choose add

See if that works
    Thanks for the suggestion. It was a hopeful one, but nope...

I clicked on Add and just sat there looking at the screen and nada! I have another remote database cataloged with this client, and it adds users just fine, but for some reason this one is quirky. I'm beginning to think it might be the OS (Linux) and the version of DB2 I have installed (for version, see first posting).

By the way, I can add users to this troubled box using VNC and then launching Control Center (db2cc) locally... so it seems narrowed down to only remote db2cc's.

Keep em coming, folks...

Unix Systems

Hi,

Guess that is due to the permissions that come into effect on unix systems because Unix systems are really secure and secondly the root is the user that creates users and grants them their home directory.

I tried that with a Win2k client and a DB2 Server on Aix and the same did not work for the same. Thus I came to the conclusion that you have to first create a user at the Unix OS and then create the necessary authorization mappings at the Database Level

Regards

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned