Unanswered: FoxPro learning Access resources?

I am needing to switch from Foxpro to Access and am looking for resources that assist the learning curve.

For example, I am used to knowing which database is current and how to work with it using code in Foxpro, but Access seems to have a much different way to deal with that. Putting a button on a page to add a record should be easy, but how do I determine which table I am adding a record to?

It is primarily questions like that. Thanks for any response!

WHardy7

Re: FoxPro learning Access resources?

Four years ago, I considered myself an expert level vFox programmer... but a good client insisted I do a small project in VB with Access, and later MSSQL. I haven;t ever gone back to vFox.

My work with vFox was all heavily scripted... and hence the challenge for me was the differences in syntax to get things done.

I found the curve to be minimal, and the quickest thing for me was just doing a simple project with the tutorials that come with VB....

If you're talking about just using Access itself, as a standalone... than that's not anything I ever did... had no use for it.

Tim
    Tim

FoxPro learning Access...

No, what I need to do is quite complex and will demand VBA coding, but it is the basic differences that are tripping me up. For example (my current problem) I knew how to code two related tables on a screen in FoxPro that allowed you to see all records on the Parent side, but only related records on the Child side. I could arrow through the records on the One side and the records on the Many side would instantly update. But, I have asked this question on three boards and none of them have had an answer, except use the wizard. But, I am convinced the wizard does not do that.

Surely, that has to be fairly straightforward in Access, but those are the kinds of basic tasks that I am not grasping yet.

Wayne