Exclamation Unanswered: Reading parameter values

Hi everyone,

I have a report running that uses a query as a recordsource, and this query accepts parameters. I would like to know if there is anyway to get the values entered as parameters into my report?

Thanks
    Adam

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Reading parameter values

Originally posted by adamcox
    Hi everyone,

I have a report running that uses a query as a recordsource, and this query accepts parameters. I would like to know if there is anyway to get the values entered as parameters into my report?

Thanks
    Adam
    You can put a TextBox on your Form, write the Parameter or Criteria in it, then in the Report use

Forms!yourFormname.yourTextBoxName
    as the cirteria ot the desired Field

how would I go about writing the parameter to the text box? It's entered by the user at runtime, which is the bit that seems to have stumped me in stopping me from getting at it easily

Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by adamcox
    how would I go about writing the parameter to the text box? It's entered by the user at runtime, which is the bit that seems to have stumped me in stopping me from getting at it easily
    The user himself should enter the parameter in the TextBox
    For example, the user wants to find all the data in which the City is DAKAR, then make a text box on your form, name it city for example, the user should enter the city name, for which he would collect its data. Also you could use a comboBox insted of TextBox