Unanswered: Querying two other database

I have three database - Project1, Project2 and ProjectFrontEnd.

ProjectFrontEnd is a front end which queries and reports on Project1. However now I've been asked to query and report on Project2 as well.

The table structure of Project1 and Project2 are identical - i.e. I can only link either Project1 or Project2 - but not both at the same time - as the table names are the same.

How can I get ProjectFrontEnd to query and report on both database at the same time - i.e. with joins etc.

Thanks,
    James
    Thank you,
    James

Re: Querying two other database

Originally posted by jamesmc2
    I have three database - Project1, Project2 and ProjectFrontEnd.

ProjectFrontEnd is a front end which queries and reports on Project1. However now I've been asked to query and report on Project2 as well.

The table structure of Project1 and Project2 are identical - i.e. I can only link either Project1 or Project2 - but not both at the same time - as the table names are the same.

How can I get ProjectFrontEnd to query and report on both database at the same time - i.e. with joins etc.

Thanks,
    James
    Okay... Maybe I'm missing something here... but who said you can't link to tables in both databases at the same time... ??... I have done this lots of times...

When you link the tables in Project2, if Access sees that there is already a table with the same name it'll just put a number after the name... 1 or 2 or whatever is the next available in sequence...

Have you tried?... or is this not what you want?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding...

You can't. UNLESS the tables are linked into one of the DB's. Since each table is in a separate DB to access them will require a separate connection ... Now if you were to link both tables into your front-end ....

Ya... Now that's what I was talking about...

The Main Database is front end only...
    Both other database objects can be linked to the front end... No problem... Been there, done that LOADS of times...

And... once the link is created... you can rename the table inside the Front End to whatever you want... Use that name in queries and reports, etc...