Thread: Backup Policy

Arrow Unanswered: Backup Policy

O/S : Windows
    DB : DB2 UDB V7/V8

Hi Guys: A very broad and open ended question, recently I have been asked to create a backup policy for this client of mine. Now I have done few in the past keeping in mind some limitations e.g. disk space etc. But this client has no such problem like that. The data as always is very critical and for the same backup we are also keeping export files for the very same reason. Now my question is, how many copies are sufficient on-site and off-site.

dollar

We keep 4 and at this time they are all onsite.

DRP

Hi,

If you are looking at a complete disaster recovery policy, then i suggest you keep a copy offsite as well. Probably upload it to some ftp server.

That way you have more protection as well.

Cheers..

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

Re: Backup Policy

Hi dollar,

as a supplement to Nitin, how does your client handle archived logs?

Johann

Originally posted by dollar489
    O/S : Windows
    DB : DB2 UDB V7/V8

Hi Guys: A very broad and open ended question, recently I have been asked to create a backup policy for this client of mine. Now I have done few in the past keeping in mind some limitations e.g. disk space etc. But this client has no such problem like that. The data as always is very critical and for the same backup we are also keeping export files for the very same reason. Now my question is, how many copies are sufficient on-site and off-site.

dollar