Thread: Trigger

Unanswered: Trigger

In a trigger, is there any possible way the SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER would be set to off at the start? I made 4 triggers, and I noticed that one of them starts with setting the quoted identifier to off. It seems odd that this would be set like this.
    Thanks

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER has no effect inside your trigger or stored procedure. This setting (along with ANSI_NULLS) needs to be in effect when you create your triggers.

I made 4 triggers on several tables in the SQL Server. These tables are a backend to a property title front end application. 3 of the triggers start with setting the quoted identifier to on while one of them starts with setting the quoted identifier to off. I thought the default was on. I didn't set it to off. Can the SQL Server set it to off somehow?
    Thanks.

If you use EM when creating Transact-SQL-based objects (stored procedures, triggers, functions, views), then the default is OFF. But when you do in QA, then the settings can be modified in Connection Options for the current open window, or in Tools/Options/Connection Properties for all consequent connections.

I got you. Thanks very much.