Unanswered: retrieving variable values at multiple pages

Hi there !
    I just started to learn ASP. Can anyone put some light how can i do the below mention query..

Page1 : listed all the campaigns of the school. User have a options to select all or select sigle or mutiple campaigns.

Page 2 : Listed 12 different reports.

Page 3 : Basically a report page or in few cases its a query page.

My problem is..

1) How can i get variable values at page number 3 ? I can easily at page number 2, but how at page number 3, 4 , 5...

I think about Session Variables.. Is it a right way to do so ? I guess, its not ? Can anyone put some light on it ?

With thanks !

You could store the values in session variables which can be accessed on ANY page.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Originally posted by Bullschmidt
    You could store the values in session variables which can be accessed on ANY page.
    I aware about it........But, is it the right way the do so ? Are theren't more options available ? Are we biased to use the Session variable in the same case ?

Thanks for your anticipations!!

Assuming 100 session variables for each of 100 simultaneous users at 100 bytes per session variable only adds up to 1 MB.

And a server might easily have over 256 MB of RAM.

So in my opinion perhaps people don't need to be QUITE so afraid to use some session variables especially for sites that are never expected to have high traffic.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Great thought ...

I really appreciate your point. But i trying to find something else apart from Session Variable. I am not afraid of Sessions.. But likeyou self mention in your reply that it would eat more memory in worst of worst case.( 100 Session Variable..)

But i would like ask one thing.. what would you suggest if the person want to save the db space as much as possible ?

Anyway ! Thanks for your wonderful suggestion.

Re: retrieving variable values at multiple pages

If you want to pass variables from one page to another you can also use request.querystring. Put your variables in a FORM then submit the form. Then on the called page use Request.Querystring to retrieve the variable. But this is passing variable from page to page. If you want to access the variable on any page use session variable.

Thanks Arnel..

I got what i want.. So the bottom line is we can do the same thing by Request.Querystring and Session Variables.

Thanks to all of you by providing the valuable suggestion..