Question Quick bit of advise

I have a folder with loads of .exe files and a folder full of image files. I need to create a database through html that will list each program and the relevent image file.

For example, program1.exe needs to be linked from program1.bmp.

Anyone know the best way to do this?

What I'd like to end up with is a html page that opens, shows all the images and runs the relevent file when that image is clicked on.

I'd like to do this through a (free!) database.

Any ideas?

what os are you using? you don't need a db to do any of this... you can do it through any of the standard sever side scripting engines..

I'm using XP HE. I thought about using scripts but all the ones I know will not work locally.

What would you suggest?

Not sure what XP HE supports as far as web servers and scripting languages goes. If it supports asp then I would do that and use the file scripting object.

As long as I have IIS or PWS installed I can use asp. I never really thought of it as an option. Thanks for the help.

No worries. If you need help as to how you would actually use the file system object just give me a yell and I'll whip something up that should give you the basis for what you need/want to do.