Unanswered: Automate yearly change of recordsource.

I have one form and several yearly tables. How can i automate the form to change it's recordsource in conjunction with the sytem date roll-over at year end?

Re: Automate yearly change of recordsource.

Originally posted by Rory Popa
    I have one form and several yearly tables. How can i automate the form to change it's recordsource in conjunction with the sytem date roll-over at year end?
    What do you mean? Did you hardcode the recordsource in the form?

Re: Automate yearly change of recordsource.

Originally posted by M Owen
    What do you mean? Did you hardcode the recordsource in the form?
    No, the forms recordsource is dependent upon the value of a hidden field that draws its value from a combobox. The combobox is on another form that permits the user to select the data year. Rather than have the user select the forms recordsource at each year end i was hoping it could be automated with the system date and simply change as the date rolls over to a new year.

Ok ... Well that is simple. On your Form_Open or Form_Load generate the appropriate query for your recordsource using either Now or Date ...

I am still a little unclear how that will work. Presently i have 10 tables from 2003 - 2012 but one form. How will the query identify which table to source and at what date when the form opens?

Originally posted by Rory Popa
    I am still a little unclear how that will work. Presently i have 10 tables from 2003 - 2012 but one form. How will the query identify which table to source and at what date when the form opens?
    Well in this case it's still relatively easy ... What you build is the name of the table that the form will be bound to on the fly ...

Ok, i will give that a go.

Thanks.......