Thread: db2 error

Unanswered: db2 error

hi sathyaram

i am facing a problem when i execute a query.
    the environment is :

i am using db2 v7.0 on windows 2k. the machine on which it is installed is a celeron with 256mb ram.

i have created view V_SGD_MAINSCROLL as

CREATE view V_SGD_MAINSCROLL as select a.bundle_no bundle_no,length(a.bundle_no) bundle_no_len,b.bank_name,length(b.bank_name) bank_name_len, d.scroll_date mn_scroll_date,length(ltrim(rtrim(char(date(d.scro ll_date))))) mn_scroll_date_len, a.sr_no,length(ltrim(rtrim(char(a.sr_no)))) sr_no_len, a.scroll_date scroll_date,length(ltrim(rtrim(char(date(a.scroll_ date))))) scroll_date_len, a.no_of_challans,length(ltrim(rtrim(char(a.no_of_c hallans)))) no_of_challans_len, c.branch_name,length(c.branch_name) branch_name_len, a.total_amount,case length(strip(digits(decimal(a.total_amount,15,2)), 'L','0')) when 1 then 3 when 2 then 3 else length(strip(digits(decimal(a.total_amount,15,2)), 'L','0')) end + 1 total_amount_len,a.entry_date from sgd_mainscroll a,sgm_bank b,sgm_branch c, sgh_mainscroll d where a.bundle_no=d.bundle_no and a.bank_code=b.bank_code and a.bank_code=c.bank_code and a.branch_code=c.branch_code

this query is to find no. of characters in the column.

i want to find no. of character for a particular period so i am executing following query

SELECT * FROM V_SGD_MAINSCROLL WHERE DATE(ENTRY_DATE) BETWEEN DATE('2003-12-12') AND DATE('2003-12-12')

it gives me following error

DBA2191E SQL execution error.

com.ibm.db.DataException: A database manager error occurred. : [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0952N Processing was cancelled due to an interrupt. SQLSTATE=57014

can u or anyone please help me in solving this problem

regards

yogesh

Re: db2 error

Hi,

on first glance, I couldn't find a DBA2191E error code in the docs.

Which fix pack are you on? I believe fixpack 11 is out by now. You can check with

db2level

from a db2 command prompt and compare this to the name of the latest fixpack for the Windows environment.

I believe having seen DBA errors when using the GUI tools of DB2. Check again from a db2 command prompt, to see if the problem persists.

Please never rely on the GUI tools alone.

Johann

Originally posted by yogeshajbe
    hi sathyaram

i am facing a problem when i execute a query.
    the environment is :

i am using db2 v7.0 on windows 2k. the machine on which it is installed is a celeron with 256mb ram.

i have created view V_SGD_MAINSCROLL as

CREATE view V_SGD_MAINSCROLL as select a.bundle_no bundle_no,length(a.bundle_no) bundle_no_len,b.bank_name,length(b.bank_name) bank_name_len, d.scroll_date mn_scroll_date,length(ltrim(rtrim(char(date(d.scro ll_date))))) mn_scroll_date_len, a.sr_no,length(ltrim(rtrim(char(a.sr_no)))) sr_no_len, a.scroll_date scroll_date,length(ltrim(rtrim(char(date(a.scroll_ date))))) scroll_date_len, a.no_of_challans,length(ltrim(rtrim(char(a.no_of_c hallans)))) no_of_challans_len, c.branch_name,length(c.branch_name) branch_name_len, a.total_amount,case length(strip(digits(decimal(a.total_amount,15,2)), 'L','0')) when 1 then 3 when 2 then 3 else length(strip(digits(decimal(a.total_amount,15,2)), 'L','0')) end + 1 total_amount_len,a.entry_date from sgd_mainscroll a,sgm_bank b,sgm_branch c, sgh_mainscroll d where a.bundle_no=d.bundle_no and a.bank_code=b.bank_code and a.bank_code=c.bank_code and a.branch_code=c.branch_code

this query is to find no. of characters in the column.

i want to find no. of character for a particular period so i am executing following query

SELECT * FROM V_SGD_MAINSCROLL WHERE DATE(ENTRY_DATE) BETWEEN DATE('2003-12-12') AND DATE('2003-12-12')

it gives me following error

DBA2191E SQL execution error.

com.ibm.db.DataException: A database manager error occurred. : [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0952N Processing was cancelled due to an interrupt. SQLSTATE=57014

can u or anyone please help me in solving this problem

regards

yogesh

hi johann

thanks for ur help

executing db2level command from db2 command prompt resulted in error Not a valid command line processor command

i was not able to find which fix pack i am using can u tell me how to find out that.

1 more thing i want to point out is the select query executes successfully when i restarts the machine & this select query is the first query to get executed.
    i hope u r getting me.
    after executing some other querys, if i try to execute the same select statement i get an error.
    can this be due to insufficient resources to execute the query???

waiting 4 ur reply

Yogesh

Hi,

please try locating your db2level executable and start it up. Then upgrade, if required.

Once again, did you check your query from a db2 command prompt? Did it execute from there even after several other operations like you mentioned?

If the problems persist with the latest fixpack, you should file a pmr with IBM support. But before you do that, you should know if this is a GUI or an engine problem.

Johann

Originally posted by yogeshajbe
    hi johann

thanks for ur help

executing db2level command from db2 command prompt resulted in error Not a valid command line processor command

i was not able to find which fix pack i am using can u tell me how to find out that.

1 more thing i want to point out is the select query executes successfully when i restarts the machine & this select query is the first query to get executed.
    i hope u r getting me.
    after executing some other querys, if i try to execute the same select statement i get an error.
    can this be due to insufficient resources to execute the query???

waiting 4 ur reply

Yogesh