Unhappy Unanswered: AS IT Courseowrk

hi
    i hope someone out there can help with my AS coursework. im designing a targets system and i need to use a series of option buttons. i need them to link to different cells in pairs but they all link to one cell. grouping them doesnt seem to work as they work like one button. does anyone have any advice? pls help if u can
    thnk u!

. i need them to link to different cells in pairs but they all link to one cell.
    So, you have one main cell (say, A1), and then another set of cells (B1:B5), and each of these refers back to A1? Is that correct?

And you need to link the ten buttons in groups of two, to those five cells?

grouping them doesnt seem to work as they work like one button.
    Are you designing this using the Forms Toolbar? Or the Control Toolbox Toolbar? How are you grouping them?
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

wht i need to do is have 2 different buttons in 2 cells (eg A1 and B1) and get them to link to C1 for example. i need to do the same process in A2:C5, but at the moment, they all link to one cell. im using the forms toolbar and am trying to group them with the group box function which is on the forms toolbar on advice frm my teacher but it doesnt seem to work.

Can you post an attachment showing what you want (it will have to be zipped in order to post)?
    old, slow, and confused

Rich

ive attatched the spreadsheet as a separate post

Okay, you haven't grouped them yet. Actually as long as you keep making them they will all refer to the same cell.

Go to the Forms Toolbar, and click on the "Group" (rectangle with XYZ on the top) then draw that object around the option buttons you want grouped together, then release the mouse button. Do the same for the other option buttons. In the attachment, they are labeled GroupBox46 and GroupBox47.

For the buttons in GroupBox46, select one of the Option buttons, right-click and choose, Format Control. Then select Control tab, and in the linked cell, put your reference (in my example $I$9). Click OK. By default, the other Option button in that group will be linked to that cell as well.

Do the same for GroupBox47, and change the reference cell to $I$10.

If I have understood you correctly, that should do it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    old, slow, and confused

Rich

cheers mate, will work on that, just looked at the attatchment and when i tried tht b4, it wudnt wrk like tht but thnx a lot!

If I have misunderstood what you wanted, let me know.

The principle should still be the same, though.
    old, slow, and confused

Rich