Question Unanswered: horrible newbie client install question

i apologize in advance for the ignorance of this question, but it has to be done...

***my env*** DB2 8.1 server ent on W2KServer. attempting to install a DB2 client on WServer2K3

is there a separate disk for installing the client than for the main DB? i was given 1 cd by someone in my organization and told to 'install DB2'. the server installed fine, but i don't see how to install a client from this disc. any response is greatly appreciated!!!

...according to IBM's "Quick Beginnings for DB2 Clients", to install a client, To install a DB2 client:

1. Log on to the system with the user account that you want to use to
    perform the installation.
    2. Shut down any other programs so that the DB2 Setup wizard can update
    files as required.
    3. Insert the appropriate CD-ROM into the drive. The auto-run feature
    automatically starts the DB2 Setup wizard. The DB2 Setup wizard will
    determine the system language, and launch the setup program for that language. You can run the DB2 Setup wizard in a language other than the
    default system language by manually invoking the DB2 Setup wizard and
    specifying a language code.
    4. Choose Install Products once the DB2 Launchpad opens.
    5. Proceed by following the DB2 Setup wizard’s prompts. Online help is
    available to guide you through the remaining steps.

When you use the install disk you can select to install the client only. There are 3 different clients: run-time, administrative, and application development.

You can also download the clients for free from the following website. The advantage of this is that you can install the latest DB2 for Windows Client fixpak version without first installing the base version from the CD.

http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/...oad.d2w/report
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

thanks so much. i swear nothing appears that would let me choose client only--i attached a word doc that contains 2 screenshots of the only places conceivable that db2 would've given me the opportunity to do so (when i got to the menu that is in the first pic, i chose 'custom'). am i missing something?

either way, the link you sent will do the trick, i'm sure--i'm trying it now.

thanks again!

Originally posted by Marcus_A
    When you use the install disk you can select to install the client only. There are 3 different clients: run-time, administrative, and application development.

You can also download the clients for free from the following website. The advantage of this is that you can install the latest DB2 for Windows Client fixpak version without first installing the base version from the CD.

http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/...oad.d2w/report
    Attached Files Attached Files

The screenshots that you have uploaded - I could see only one of them . The one with the heading 'SELECT the features you want to install' is the one that you are looking for.

Choose the application development tools ( if you want to build stored procs, triggers etc. from client) client support and administration tools ( in fact, if you click on all these options there are sub-options and you can selectively choose them.)

Obviously you will have to then configure your client using the configuration assistant.

Otherwise, you can install the whole lot ( if you have enough space ) and then use the configuration assistant to connect to your server.