Unanswered: Cannot modify the DB2CODEPAGE

Hi all,

I have a problem when I tried to modify the DB2CODEPAGE. That is the details.

When I finished inputing the following command, it did'n't report any errors.

DB2SET DB2CODEPAGE=819
    DB2 TERMINATE

The DB2CODEPAGE before modifying is 1386, and when I finished inputting that comands. nothing has been changed. The CODEPAGE is still 1386. I have tried to restart all DB2 service and even I have restarted the server, nothing was changed. Please who can tell me what's the problem?

Thanks

Lin

Re: Cannot modify the DB2CODEPAGE

The DB2CODEPAGE parameter sets the default value of database codepage parameter i.e. all the databases created after setting this value will have this codepage unless explicitly defined otherwise. So your existing database codepage value will still be the old ones.

Only way you can change the value for existing database is to create another database with codepage value you want and copy the structure and data from old database using db2look and export/import(load) commands etc.

HTH

dollar

Originally posted by Lin
    Hi all,

I have a problem when I tried to modify the DB2CODEPAGE. That is the details.

When I finished inputing the following command, it did'n't report any errors.

DB2SET DB2CODEPAGE=819
    DB2 TERMINATE

The DB2CODEPAGE before modifying is 1386, and when I finished inputting that comands. nothing has been changed. The CODEPAGE is still 1386. I have tried to restart all DB2 service and even I have restarted the server, nothing was changed. Please who can tell me what's the problem?

Thanks

Lin