Unanswered: deadlock question

Dear all,
    I am a newbie to DB2. I have implemented simple session and entity bean (on Websphere 5.0) to update a row of a table (DB2 v8.1). I tried to stress the bean, and make it to update the same row with 3 concurrent accesses. I encounter deadlock always. Sometimes, the program can run smoothly, but the row is not updated correctly.
    Any setting / related information I missed? Appreciate all the advice.

Re: deadlock question

well, I am sure you know why deadlock situation can occur, if not; would you mind posting the SQL or explaining what exactly you query suppose to do?

dollar
    Originally posted by chpoon
    Dear all,
    I am a newbie to DB2. I have implemented simple session and entity bean (on Websphere 5.0) to update a row of a table (DB2 v8.1). I tried to stress the bean, and make it to update the same row with 3 concurrent accesses. I encounter deadlock always. Sometimes, the program can run smoothly, but the row is not updated correctly.
    Any setting / related information I missed? Appreciate all the advice.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    The table I used is a simple 2 column table, which has an integer(primary key) and string field (VARCHAR 2048) only. The SQL statement is to add the string by 1 each time. ( I store numeric in the string field as well ).

Hi,

Please also read something about isolation levels.

Please also read Must Read before posting to get more info about how to write effective questions.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty