Unanswered: deadlock question

Dear all,
    I am a newbie to DB2. I have implemented simple session and entity bean (on Websphere 5.0) to update a row of a table (DB2 v8.1). I tried to stress the bean, and make it to update the same row with 3 concurrent accesses. I encounter deadlock always. Sometimes, the program can run smoothly, but the row is not updated correctly.
    Any setting / related information I missed? Appreciate all the advice.

Re: deadlock question

well, I am sure you know why deadlock situation can occur, if not; would you mind posting the SQL or explaining what exactly you query suppose to do?

dollar
    Originally posted by chpoon
    Dear all,
    I am a newbie to DB2. I have implemented simple session and entity bean (on Websphere 5.0) to update a row of a table (DB2 v8.1). I tried to stress the bean, and make it to update the same row with 3 concurrent accesses. I encounter deadlock always. Sometimes, the program can run smoothly, but the row is not updated correctly.
    Any setting / related information I missed? Appreciate all the advice.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    The table I used is a simple 2 column table, which has an integer(primary key) and string field (VARCHAR 2048) only. The SQL statement is to add the string by 1 each time. ( I store numeric in the string field as well ).

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi,

Please also read something about isolation levels.

Please also read Must Read before posting to get more info about how to write effective questions.

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty