Unanswered: How do I get data to trickle down?

I have a database with about 1300 records in it that I'm trying to put in one cumaltive table, that then trickles down to the other corresponding tables. basically, picture it as a star design in a network. the cumulative database with all of the records is in the center, and the satellite tables would have their corresponding data linked (1's data will be directly extracted from the cumualtive table to 1's database, 2's data will be directly extracted from the cumulative table to 2's, etc). can anyone help me with the design of this thing? i know it's possible, i'm just not too sure how to go about doing this. (and I dont want ot have to rely on queries and stuff, I'm trying to make this as simple as possible because the people that are going to use this aren't very proficient at this stuff)

Are you looking for replication? Which DB is to be the controlling DB? The central one? Do you want to push the data or pull the data?

Originally posted by M Owen
    Are you looking for replication? Which DB is to be the controlling DB? The central one? Do you want to push the data or pull the data?
    Basically it's all one big Access file, with about 8 tables. 4 tables are for active products, 4 tables are for inactive products. Right now, i have 8 seperate tables representing all 4 machines (each machine has an active and inactive table). basically, i want to consolidate this information into one big sheet, because i'm trying to make it neater and more efficient. Each of these tables has their own form view which looks exactly the same, only with different data. so basically, what i want to do now is have the master sheet hold the main data, and have each unique form pull out ONLY ITS DATA from the cumulative file (so for example, in the Machine1 form, only Machine1's data is shown and nothing else) I created a field in the cumulative table that ID's every single record (all 1300 of them) as either being in machine 1, 2, 3 or 4. I figured the form for each unique table could search for that machine ID field and bring up the records that match that ID. i'm trying to avoid queries at all cost, i want this to be totally automated...this could probably be done with relationships but I dont have a very good understanding of them unfortunately.

Yep. That can be automated or you can make a dedicated form tied to a specific machine id ...

Originally posted by M Owen
    Yep. That can be automated or you can make a dedicated form tied to a specific machine id ...
    How do I got about making that dedicated form tied to a specific machine ID? I just finished a course on Database Management and I dont know any of this stuff, they taught us useless theory and nothing really practical (although I do know SQL now)