Exclamation Unanswered: Combo List Problem

hi, i need to have a database that will have a combo list of colours and sizes in it. The database has a products section that has these two included along with some other titles. Basicly the database is going to have to change the colour and sizing for each product in it. For example product A could have 4 different sizes and 2 different colours, then product B could have 6 different sizes and 3 different colours. Im new to combo and drop lists so any help would be appreciated. If you need any more info please ask, and ill will post it.

You can't, of course, change the appearance of items in the combo-box but I don't think that this is what you intend to do anyhow.

One way you could handle this requirement easily is with a subform, linked in a master-detail (parent-child) relationship to the selected master record. The user chooses colors, sizes, and so-forth, not from a combo-box but simply from the subform.

It's also possible to change the datasource query of a combo-box on the fly, or even to assign one at the moment the user actually clicks on the combo... thus avoiding the actual act of querying until the last moment.

I believe that the latest crop of example programs shipped with Access (but maybe not installed by-default) have working examples. I'm thinking specifically of what used to be called "solution.mdb."
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the