Unanswered: DB2 Container Management?

I am from Oracle DBA backgroup, I am new with DB2 environment. So I like to know what is the best way to managing the DB2 Container, is that any auto-extend feature in DB2 Container or Tablespace?

what I mean is we can specified in advance when create tablespace or container how many % to increase when it hit the 100% full usage. Is that any feature like this? Please advise.

I understand SMS environment may support, but if my environment is DMS then how normally you people will manage it ? is that manage manually?

Regards
    SiKar

Re: DB2 Container Management?

There is no AUTOEXTEND Feature as you have in Oracle .. It has to be manually done ...

Increasing the tablespace size can be done depending on your environmnet (primarily, disklayout)

1) Increase the size of the exisiting containers
    2) Adding a new container

It is recommended to have equal size containers for optimal performance

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by chaisikar
    I am from Oracle DBA backgroup, I am new with DB2 environment. So I like to know what is the best way to managing the DB2 Container, is that any auto-extend feature in DB2 Container or Tablespace?

what I mean is we can specified in advance when create tablespace or container how many % to increase when it hit the 100% full usage. Is that any feature like this? Please advise.

I understand SMS environment may support, but if my environment is DMS then how normally you people will manage it ? is that manage manually?

Regards
    SiKar
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi sathyaram_s,

Thank for your information, I am new to DB2 so that why I need some one to confirm there are no autoextend. Thank

Yes, we do manually extend the container now.

Thank

Regards
    Si Kar