Unanswered: Windows lost my database - HELP !

Hello, all

Yesturday I was using Access 2000 and had a database up. I was also logged on AOL software. Well AOL crashed/froze and was forced to reboot. When I went back to Access my database was still on the recent list, but was not there. It's totally missing in the directory where it and other databases reside. All the other databases are fine. I suspect windows erase it from the FAT. I can't use any repair programs because nothing is there. Does anyone know what's going on and what to do ? Help please. Thanks

Was this a new database not yet saved?

Originally posted by M Owen
    Was this a new database not yet saved?
    No, It was an old database which was being used regularly.
    thanks for the quick reply

And it is not there now? I've not heard of windows blowing out a file like this before ... Were you in the middle of an update when the reboot occurred?

And it is not there now? I've not heard of windows blowing out a file like this before ... Were you in the middle of an update when the reboot occurred?
    Yeah it's not there anymore in the directrory. All the others are there. No, I don't think it was updating at the time. It was just loaded and AOL was running. Came back into room and noticed screen was frozen. I think when I logged off AOL, this happened. AOL has a tendcy to crash. Might not even be related to the AOL software, but I think I need to clean up my harddrive. If windows just erased the entry in it's file allocation table, the database might still be there. I'm not knowledgeable enough in this area though. Thanks again for the quick reply. Any help is appriciated.

What version of windows are you running?

What version of windows are you running?
    win98
    The database comes up when you select it from the opening diaolog box. But when you select it, it pulls up an empty database with the wizard box. The tables, forms, reports are also missing. It seems access recognizes the name but can't find the data. I really appriciate your help. Thanks

Don't really have anything else that I can tell that will help. Looks like I might have to recreate this.

I think you're hosed ... I was hoping that you might be able to undelete or something ...

Provided Answers: 1
    Did you try to use Norton Utilities?

Yes I tried system doctor in Norton. No luck. Going to rebuild database. Thanks for all the replys.