Unanswered: allow user insert jpg , gif

Hi everybody !

I want to allow users to insert pictures into a msacces aplication in different formats ( jpg , gif ... ) an see it in the form . So far , i've only been able to show .psd , any other format is shown as an icon.

Any help ?

Thanks

MArc

Re: allow user insert jpg , gif

Originally posted by marczs
    Hi everybody !

I want to allow users to insert pictures into a msacces aplication in different formats ( jpg , gif ... ) an see it in the form . So far , i've only been able to show .psd , any other format is shown as an icon.

Any help ?

Thanks

MArc
    This is a real pain ... You need a picture object to display. You need to store the pic as an Ole Object. In order to "view" the pic you will have to extract from the DB and make it a file in a directory and then point the picture control to that file ...

Re: allow user insert jpg , gif

Ok , thanks. The first part

..... a picture object to display. You need to store the pic as an Ole Object.......

is clear but could you help me with this part ?

In order to "view" the pic you will have to extract from the DB and make it a file in a directory and then point the picture control to that file ... [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Thanks anyway !!

Lightbulb

I've done something similar on a database form, I have people browse to a picture and select it which then appears on the form.
    This lets them have a different picture for each item (it's a stock type database so comes in handy).

You will need a text field in your table to store the filenames (mines just called photo). Then all I did was import the Employees table and form from the Northwind Database and copy the objects and vb code to get the file path and display it. Just remember to change any object names to match what you already have!

Also in the Visual Basic Editor go into the references and enable Microsoft Office 10.0 library this then allows you to use the northwind code. (Thanks to Ken Snell who posted this bit in another thread).

I can always post the code from my form if it'll help.

I'm going to try it ....

Thanx , i'm gonna follow this steps !

Thumbs up

See also http://www.dbforums.com/t975915.html as Dynamictiger posted a bit of code for me that came in handy.