Unanswered: ODBCDirect to make table or call stored proc in DB2

I am developing front ends in MS Access 97 to build reporting tools for calculated metrics out of DB2 (OS/390) tables. I am trying to use ODBCDirect through SequeLink to either make intermediate tables or call procedures I have stored through an alternate front end (QMF). But I have had no success with either a SELECT INTO statement or a procedure call such as "{call ASFDG.HJKL}":

Error #-104
    42000: [Intersolv][ODBC SequeLink Driver][DB2/MVS][42000]
    SQLCODE=-104
    ERROR: ILLEGAL SYMBOL "{": SOME SYMBOLS THAT MIGHT BE LEGAL ARE: :

Any clues as to syntax or even whether it will work to do this without linking through JDBC or while staying under the radar of the IS folks?

I am also posting this question in the DB2 forum. Thanks. Sorry I am dumb.

Re: ODBCDirect to make table or call stored proc in DB2

If anyone is curious I solved this problem by using the create view statement in my SQL, for example:

with qdf
    .SQL = _
    "CREATE VIEW habitat AS SELECT state_name FROM states WHERE bluebird_population > 0"
    .Execute
    end with

And then subsequently I can query out of this saved view, for example:

SELECT COUNT(state_name) FROM habitat

Originally posted by bluebird
    I am developing front ends in MS Access 97 to build reporting tools for calculated metrics out of DB2 (OS/390) tables. I am trying to use ODBCDirect through SequeLink to either make intermediate tables or call procedures I have stored through an alternate front end (QMF). But I have had no success with either a SELECT INTO statement or a procedure call such as "{call ASFDG.HJKL}":

Error #-104
    42000: [Intersolv][ODBC SequeLink Driver][DB2/MVS][42000]
    SQLCODE=-104
    ERROR: ILLEGAL SYMBOL "{": SOME SYMBOLS THAT MIGHT BE LEGAL ARE: :

Any clues as to syntax or even whether it will work to do this without linking through JDBC or while staying under the radar of the IS folks?

I am also posting this question in the DB2 forum. Thanks. Sorry I am dumb.