Unanswered: 'Pushpin'-style control

Greetings all!

I'm trying to create a very simple database, with a form to allow users to enter a limited set of data. What I truly need is a 'pushpin' type of control that will carry data over from one record to the next as long as the control is toggled on. Is there such a thing? If there is, how do I implement it?

Thanks in advance

GParsons

Can you clarify the idea
    Saludos
    Norberto

Well, I'll try to clarify. I hope this helps:

I'm making a simple database which will be used to track serial numbers of inventory. I want my users to be able to click on a control which will enable the data in a field (for instance, SupplierID, PartNumber, Manufacturer, etc.) to carry over into a new record, rather than having to retype data into ALL the fields. The user could then click the control again when (s)he wanted to change the data for the new record. All the data involved would be alphanumeric, not yes/no. I also don't think a default value would work for the data fields, simply because if the data entered was different from the default values, it would be exactly the same as if the fields were blank.

Such a feature would be a tremendous time-saver, if only for the reason that the records entered in a day could easily number in the hundreds.

Thanks again in advance.

In Access 97 or Access 2000 there is an Sample Base of Inventory Control, that can you help.
    Saludos
    Norberto