Unanswered: Un-compiling an access database to view code

I have just been handed a access database with access 2000 front end and a Microsoft SQL back end. I need to get to the VBA code and also the tables and forms so I may modify them. The problem is that the designer has left the company and the database has been compiled to an mde file. Is there any thing that can be done.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry but in a MDE data base format only you can see is the querys, there is nothing to do.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Originally posted by Norberto
    Sorry but in a MDE data base format only you can see is the querys, there is nothing to do.
    thanks

Re: Un-compiling an access database to view code

Originally posted by bigY
    I have just been handed a access database with access 2000 front end and a Microsoft SQL back end. I need to get to the VBA code and also the tables and forms so I may modify them. The problem is that the designer has left the company and the database has been compiled to an mde file. Is there any thing that can be done.
    Realistically, all that you can do is to ask the company lawyer to sue the developer for misappropriation of company trade secrets, ordering him to return and to provide the MDB version. (Unless the company planned ahead and kept a long series of backups.) The usual valuation of such data is $1 million or so, and unless the developer is a millionaire, the realistic prospect of losing one's house and home usually brings them around.

I'm .. not joking, gentlemen.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Originally posted by sundialsvcs
    Realistically, all that you can do is to ask the company lawyer to sue the developer for misappropriation of company trade secrets, ordering him to return and to provide the MDB version. (Unless the company planned ahead and kept a long series of backups.) The usual valuation of such data is $1 million or so, and unless the developer is a millionaire, the realistic prospect of losing one's house and home usually brings them around.

This was the next course of action by the company, thanks again for all your replies.

Originally posted by sundialsvcs

But only if it can be proved to be done with malicious intent ... That will be more difficult to prove. All the guy has to say is that it was compiled to improve performance and that the source code was there when he left ... Prove otherwise.