Unanswered: DB2 History Files

Hi,

When I try to take a backup I get a message SQL2048N reason code 7. I am not sure why I get this message. This happens atleast once every week and to recover from this I manualy drop the table identified in the listing and then run the backup sucessfully. When I do a select on the table in question everything works fine, it is just the backup that fails. Would appreciate if someone can let me know under what circumstances the table can go wrong

Thanks,
    Arul B

Re: DB2 History Files

Hi,

strange, are you able to save the table contents to a copy first?

What gets written in db2diag.log when the backup fails, what exactly is the output of your command?

Did you use db2dart to analyze the tables concerned and the database?

Johann

Originally posted by abalasu
    Hi,

When I try to take a backup I get a message SQL2048N reason code 7. I am not sure why I get this message. This happens atleast once every week and to recover from this I manualy drop the table identified in the listing and then run the backup sucessfully. When I do a select on the table in question everything works fine, it is just the backup that fails. Would appreciate if someone can let me know under what circumstances the table can go wrong

Thanks,
    Arul B