Unanswered: Auto Refreshing Stock Price Like Display Screen

Dear Sir,

I have seen Online Stock Trading screen , where on the Client side the Stock related latest information like Price / Volume / Best Buy Price etc get automatically keep on changing against the relevant Stock . Infact all this take place without refreshing the full screen (selectively against the Stock where it's value are getting changed) .

The required Data is infact Broadcasted by a Central Server from the underlying DataBase .

Sir, for one of our application I am looking to develop a application with similar type of feature . At Backend ORACLE is Database Server and Client is any window based machine and application can be developed using ASP so that using Browser application can be accessed .

Kindly guide me , what is the procedure and logic to develop this type of application.

Rgds
    B V Mittal

Re: Auto Refreshing Stock Price Like Display Screen

Try reading something about xmlhttp

Originally posted by bvmittal
    Dear Sir,

I have seen Online Stock Trading screen , where on the Client side the Stock related latest information like Price / Volume / Best Buy Price etc get automatically keep on changing against the relevant Stock . Infact all this take place without refreshing the full screen (selectively against the Stock where it's value are getting changed) .

The required Data is infact Broadcasted by a Central Server from the underlying DataBase .

Sir, for one of our application I am looking to develop a application with similar type of feature . At Backend ORACLE is Database Server and Client is any window based machine and application can be developed using ASP so that using Browser application can be accessed .

Kindly guide me , what is the procedure and logic to develop this type of application.

Rgds
    B V Mittal

Or remote scripting.