Unanswered: Front end on Intranet ????

my company currently use a measurement system designed in access, by someone who has now left the company. i have been tasked with rewriting it, and believe me it needs it.

however i was thinking of trying something a little different, but with my limited knowledge dunno how big a task it is gonna be.

The company currently has an intranet and i was hoping to have the data entry facility (I believe this would be the front end of my database) put on the intranet, linking this up to the backend of the database which is stored on the company server.

how big a task would it be to do this....if it can be done at all....

are there any useful sources for reference, do i need to learn any new language, eg asp, php whatever they are ???

cheers

Andy

Re: Front end on Intranet ????

Originally posted by Chimp8471
    my company currently use a measurement system designed in access, by someone who has now left the company. i have been tasked with rewriting it, and believe me it needs it.

however i was thinking of trying something a little different, but with my limited knowledge dunno how big a task it is gonna be.

The company currently has an intranet and i was hoping to have the data entry facility (I believe this would be the front end of my database) put on the intranet, linking this up to the backend of the database which is stored on the company server.

how big a task would it be to do this....if it can be done at all....

are there any useful sources for reference, do i need to learn any new language, eg asp, php whatever they are ???

cheers

Andy
    Well yes you will need to learn another scripting form.

You can use either ASP, PHP or JSP. If you use ASP it is based off of the Visual Basic Language. So it should be the eaiser for you to learn in a short time. If you use dreamweaver it will do alot of the coding for you. HTH.