Unanswered: Instances of server

Hai Guys,
    if we have 2 tables residing on 2 diff servers.....to query this we use federated databases.Fine with that.
    Imagine if these two diff servers are INSTANCES of the same server....then will a single query work querying these tables on two diff servers which are the instances of the same server?
    Thanks,
    Mark.

Re: Instances of server

The federated databases can use any two db2 databases, the databases can be on the same instance, they can be on two instances on the same machine, they can be two instances on different machines

HTH
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by mark_tim1999
    Hai Guys,
    if we have 2 tables residing on 2 diff servers.....to query this we use federated databases.Fine with that.
    Imagine if these two diff servers are INSTANCES of the same server....then will a single query work querying these tables on two diff servers which are the instances of the same server?
    Thanks,
    Mark.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Instances of server

Hello SatyaRam,
    Forget about the federated databases.My question is if I am not using the federated databases,then Can i use a query whihc queries these two tables on two diff servers which are instances of the same server?
    Thanks,
    Mark.

Re: Instances of server

You can use, but not in the same query ... But, you application can connect to multiple databases ...

You can start with 'SET CLIENT' command ... Refer to the command reference for details

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Originally posted by mark_tim1999
    Hello SatyaRam,
    Forget about the federated databases.My question is if I am not using the federated databases,then Can i use a query whihc queries these two tables on two diff servers which are instances of the same server?
    Thanks,
    Mark.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.