Unanswered: Restrictions on end users

I created a database in access, and I'm using staring login form. I have a table for names of users who can have access to this database, but at the same time I'd like to put restrictions on some of these users: they can't view code or edit code for example.
    Does anybody have an idea how we can do this?
    (P.S I have a table with names, password, and a number attribute that will set the previliges( i.e 1 can do anything, 2 can only open forms and enter date, 3 can do 2 and run some queries ...etc)

Thanks

~a

Unless you become very good with the MS Access Security. Here is a link to help you with the process

http://forums.aspfree.com/t21399/s23...51f063b3b.html

But I personnally don't like it because there are limitations, but it can be very usefull in the right enviroments

I mostly play with the startup properties and use VBA to program aroudnd them and to change the properties. The problem with that is that access to the core DB (code - all or nothing) is the same for everyone (untill you change the startup properties) I will create a security table within the Access DB to give rights to the different users, to base what they can do in the systems (outside of coding) I have designed. I typically don't want anyone to have access to the code unless the have the right security level and the needed passwords to make it possible to them to have access to it

I have attached a DB that show you some coding that makes the DB secure and unsecures it so that not even holding the Shift key will override it.

You have to reload the DB to see the changes in the startup properties

Look at the form "frmChangeStartupProperty"

S-

Thanks alot.
    I will go right now and expperience with your zip file

Hi Sbaxter

Can you please email the zip file to amsallak@yahoo.com, because it wouldn't allow me to download it by just clicking on the link attached. it goes to download attachment.php from www.dbforums.com instead.

thanks gain