Unhappy Unanswered: DTS import problem with text datatype from SQL Server to MySQL table

Can anybody tell how to import a table with the text column from SQL Server 2000 to MySQL 4.0.17?
    I tried this using ODBC connection but got an error message saying, "Query-based Insertion or updating of BLOB values is not supported".

Can you not export the data into a text file and import it into mysql ?

export it to .csv file

You also can export the data into a file with .csv and import it into mysql.

Thanks rnealejr and gyuan

Even with export to text file and then import that text file to MySQL gives the similar error -

Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC drivers
    Error Description: The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified.Query-based Insertion or updating of BLOB values is not supported.

I have also tried MySQL connection with mysql-oledb-3.0.0 but it seems it has some problems as it swaps the database name and server name parameters each time I open for edit or test connections.

Doesn't sound like a sql server problem...

try here

http://www.dbforums.com/f5/
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Question

Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
    Doesn't sound like a sql server problem...

try here

http://www.dbforums.com/f5/
    Thanks
    I have checked http://www.dbforums.com/f5 and found a similar posting but no useful replies.

How to import a SQL Server table with text column to a similar table in MySQL database?

What type of cursor are you using ?

All DTS defaults. I am using DTS package tasks and connection objects with their defaults.

Thumbs down Can someone help?

Has anybody transfered the data from SQL Server table having text column to MySQL database?

tried with OLEDB connection

I understand this could be a ODBC problem of handling the text data but
    When I use "MySQL.OLEDB Provider" instead of "MySQL ODBC 3.1 Driver" to make a connection with MySQL in DTS package and setup a Transform Data Task between SQL Server(source connection) and MySQL(destination connection) I see all the MySQL tables appended with "INFORMATION_SCHEMA." in the dropdown list of destination table names in Transform Data Task Properties whereas there is no user or database named INFORMATION_SCHEMA in MySQL database.