Unhappy Unanswered: Extra Blank Column when Printing

Does anyone know the "professional" way to work around this Excel problem?

An Excel 2000 spreadsheet is formatted to print landscape; the last column has wrapped text. In print preview, the columns and an additional blank column appear on the first page of a 2-page list. I have no problem with the added blank column on the first printed page. Clicking NEXT shows a single blank column, which is the problem: I don't want to have pages with blank columns printing.

I have deleted all columns to the right of the list but this does not remove the extra printed page. I have both hidden and narrowed the first blank column, and this works, but I don't think this is a correct solution, especially since the file will be used by others to create their own reports from the VBA code I have prepared.

Your wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

If it is only one page that you want printed, then go to File > Page Setup > Page (tab) > Scaling, and choose "Fit to 1 page". Click OK. and then test. That should do it.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

Just as an additional thought. Do you have that column formatted (maybe even conditionally formatted)? If so, that may be the reason it shows up.
    old, slow, and confused

Rich

The Excel worksheet is a report that is created based on criteria entered using a command button and listbox, and is not limited to one page.
    I believe your 2nd post pinpointed the problem; I had not deleted all the right-hand columns which I used temporarily to build the report, so there must have been formatting in one or more of these columns to cause an unwanted second page when printing. After doing a more complete delete (VBA code: 'Columns("G:BZ").Delete'), this printing issue was resolved.

Thanks.
    Jerry

Thumbs up

Glad to hear that. And thanks for getting back to the board. It is helpful for everyone when solutions are acheived!
    old, slow, and confused

Rich