Red face Unanswered: performance degraded after 9.4 upgrade!?!

I thought upgrades made things faster! I upgraded my IDS from 9.21 to 9.40 a few days ago and now I am seeing some weird performance issues. Big slow downs with not really exceptional loads on the database. I have not changed any of my onconfig settings, I was thinking I would give it a week or so to level out and burn in before introducing any new settings - thinking that the old settings couldnt hurt. Anyone else seen this? I am not sure where to start. This is a test box and really has a pretty light load.

I did upgrade AIX at the same time by the way. Running AIX version 5.2 with IDS 9.40. Preparing (I see I am not the only one) for that big end of life cycle of AIX generation 4.

Any help appreciated.
    When in doubt just ask your self,
    -WWSBD?-
    (what would Sponge Bob do?)

Hi,

After upgrading IDS from 9.21 to 9.40 have you updated the statistics?
    If not, to start with, you may use:

update statistics for table;
    update statistics for procedure;

To speed up update statistics operation itself, you may fire the SQL which generates a script containing table wise statements.

output to aa without headings select 'update statistics for table '||tabname||';' from systables where tabid>99 ;

Regards,
    Shriyan

Re: performance degraded after 9.4 upgrade!?!

Are you still having problems?

Regards,
    DBAgirl

Originally posted by dnix
    I thought upgrades made things faster! I upgraded my IDS from 9.21 to 9.40 a few days ago and now I am seeing some weird performance issues. Big slow downs with not really exceptional loads on the database. I have not changed any of my onconfig settings, I was thinking I would give it a week or so to level out and burn in before introducing any new settings - thinking that the old settings couldnt hurt. Anyone else seen this? I am not sure where to start. This is a test box and really has a pretty light load.

I did upgrade AIX at the same time by the way. Running AIX version 5.2 with IDS 9.40. Preparing (I see I am not the only one) for that big end of life cycle of AIX generation 4.

Any help appreciated.