Whats worng with the crystal reports

Hi......

I have a data base in sql server 2000. I created a view based on 2 tables. Then i referenced that view in the crystal report..... Every field is ok.....except one... its the money field.....

The problem is that the result is shown up to 3 digits. e.g... 100, 347, 987... but if the digits in the view table are more than 3.... Then only the first digit appears.... in the report. eg when its 1300 then only 1 appears in the field...

Can any one help me out....

regards

What's wrong with Crystal Reports?

I'd tell you, but I'm sure there is a maximum allowable length for posts on this forum.

You could check Crystal's Help file, unless of course you are running Explorer 6.0, in which case the help files did not install properly.

Try expanding the width of your field. Maybe Crystal is trying to display larger numbers in exponential notation "10xE10" etc., and only the first character is showing.

I've looked in vain for a forum on Crystal Reports, but I haven't found one. There should be one added to this site.

Crystal sucks. It's shareware masquerading as an Enterprise Solution, and I would never recommend it to to anybody.

blindman

Originally posted by blindman
    What's wrong with Crystal Reports?

I'd tell you, but I'm sure there is a maximum allowable length for posts on this forum.

You could check Crystal's Help file, unless of course you are running Explorer 6.0, in which case the help files did not install properly.

Try expanding the width of your field. Maybe Crystal is trying to display larger numbers in exponential notation "10xE10" etc., and only the first character is showing.

I've looked in vain for a forum on Crystal Reports, but I haven't found one. There should be one added to this site.

Crystal sucks. It's shareware masquerading as an Enterprise Solution, and I would never recommend it to to anybody.

blindman
    wow ... that's harsh. But then again. I can't say you're wrong either

Angry Using the ASP.Net version..

Does anyone know why, when accessing a View with in an SQL Dbase wtih ODBC connection, the Crystal Report gets data from extranious area?

The view iteslf works, tested it under the SQL query. All sorted fields are correct.

When working on the report, and view a field, the data is correct. Tried hard coding in C# behind the web page, but it still does not work.

Thought that the Crystal Report was supposed to be the greatest since hot spit on a griddle. So far, it bombs without even taking off.

Crystal Reports is the second worse piece of software I have ever been unfortunately enough to have to try and use..... the worse piece of software is WinRunner.....

Esperant from Speedware Inc. is good, so is Impromptu by Cognos.

www.speedware.com

www.cognos.com