Unanswered: Complex Record Navigation

I have a form frmMainForm which is used to input testing data for parts, different parts have different testing requirement so some textboxes and subforms are placed on no show dependent upon the selected PartID

As it stands I cannot cycle through the records using the navigation buttons on the form.

Will it be possible to write some code that will allow the form to move to the previous or next record of the same PartID skipping records that are of a dissimilar PartID?

As a secondary question, would this code help with enabling the AutoFill of records from the previous identical PartID.

I have attached the database to help explain this

Hope this makes sense, Many Thanks in advance Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you attached the database in Access 97 format...?
    Saludos
    Norberto

Re: Complex Record Navigation

I saw your form and as you said it's not possible to navigate through the records. But that is so, because the form is filtered. When we have a filter we just can see the record that matches that criteria and we have no more records to go.

To be able to navigate, after opening a filtered form, you need a simple line code:

Me.Form.FilterOn False

I don't know if it can help, but...

Ruas

Attached in 97 format
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Complex Record Navigation

Originally posted by Jeff_Ford
    I have a form frmMainForm which is used to input testing data for parts, different parts have different testing requirement so some textboxes and subforms are placed on no show dependent upon the selected PartID

As it stands I cannot cycle through the records using the navigation buttons on the form.

Will it be possible to write some code that will allow the form to move to the previous or next record of the same PartID skipping records that are of a dissimilar PartID?

As a secondary question, would this code help with enabling the AutoFill of records from the previous identical PartID.

I have attached the database to help explain this

Hope this makes sense, Many Thanks in advance Jeff
    Jeff,

That really depends on how the controls (if actually) are bound to the table ... If the controls are unbound then you can troll thru your records skipping those that do not match the screen configuration (defined by the part ID) currently in use ... BOUND controls are another thing entirely. You could do something in the Form_BeforeUpdate event ...