Talking Unanswered: MS Access to SQL database

Hi every one!

This is my first time on the forum. Let me wish all of you a very happy new year and very best wishes to you and your family.

Now I have developed a small MS Access database in which I have used check boxes for the users(disabled) to select an option instead og asking them to type in the selection required. I want to convert this database to mysql database so that we can link it to our web portal. Could anyone please advise me :

1. Do I use dreamweaver as a front end to do the forms (as I need to use the check boxes)
    2. Or I use Visual Basic as a front end to do the forms.

My skills are in using sql, pl/sql, some what visual basic, dreamweaver, content management system, MS Access 2000.

There is a need to convert the database to an sql database as we are in future going to link it to a web portal which is used by hundereds of disabled people.

please advise me on this. I still new to the software IT field.

regards

sukhi

Can you be more specific on what you are trying to accomplish ? What will the checkboxes represent ? What will the frontend provide to the users ?

Hi you (super moderator),

Thanks for responding. I am sorry I access the internet only in office and since we had holidays till 4th jan in UK I couldn't reply to you.

Ok, This is the situation:

The checkboxes are for the users to select (tick) an option. Let me start from the begning. This database is about various organisations which deals with various disabilities and ofeer various types of employment(paid, training, skills....) accordingly. Now since we want the database to be very accessible by our disable users , we have checkboxes for them to select 1 or more disabilities and search for 1 or more organisations which deal with those disabilities and offer them employment. We have the option of checkboxes as we didn't want the database to be inaccessible by asking the users to enter their choices .

Now since this database has to be linked to a web portal , I'll have to either create or conert this MS Acess database to Oracle or MYSQL database.

Could you please tell me that after the conversion or the creation of the database, should I designed the search forms in dreamweaver or CMS OR....

The thing is we have purchased Content Management System for our web portal. So I guess I can design the search forms with CMS.....

pLease let me know. Like I said I have just started out.

regards

sukhi

MS Access to SQL

Originally posted by rnealejr
    Can you be more specific on what you are trying to accomplish ? What will the checkboxes represent ? What will the frontend provide to the users ?
    Hi (super moderator),

Thanks for responding. I am sorry I access the internet only in office and since we had holidays till 4th jan in UK I couldn't reply to you.

Ok, This is the situation:

The checkboxes are for the users to select (tick) an option. Let me start from the begning. This database is about various organisations which deals with various disabilities and ofeer various types of employment(paid, training, skills....) accordingly. Now since we want the database to be very accessible by our disable users , we have checkboxes for them to select 1 or more disabilities and search for 1 or more organisations which deal with those disabilities and offer them employment. We have the option of checkboxes as we didn't want the database to be inaccessible by asking the users to enter their choices .

Now since this database has to be linked to a web portal , I'll have to either create or conert this MS Acess database to Oracle or MYSQL database.

Could you please tell me that after the conversion or the creation of the database, should I designed the search forms in dreamweaver or CMS OR....

The thing is we have purchased Content Management System for our web portal. So I guess I can design the search forms with CMS.....

pLease let me know. Like I said I have just started out.

regards

sukhi

Re: MS Access to SQL database

well if it is web portal stick to dream weaver .. This is the best choice as you seem new to web development arena
    Cheers
    Keep things simple as world is already complex