Unanswered: ISO8859-4 JDBC for latvian characters - how does it work???

Hello,

I have a problem in showing adresses from customers in the database correctly on the java-client over jdbc.
    If i use dbaccess with the terminal putty and the characterset 8859-4, I can see all the special characters correctly.
    How can I use the ISO8859-4 over JDBC connection? I tested it with DB_LOCALE and CLIENT_LOCALE but I get an error message, if I use another then en_US.8859-1: "Unable to load locale categories"
    Why is it with "putty" so easy (without DB_LOCALE,CLIENT_LOCALE set) and over JDBC or JAVA so hard to understand?
    Is there anybody out there who can give me a hint, please?
    Or an example for jdbc-connection for another special country?

Best Regards,

Juergen

Re: ISO8859-4 JDBC for latvian characters - how does it work???

Originally posted by meckymesser69
    Hello,

I have a problem in showing adresses from customers in the database correctly on the java-client over jdbc.
    If i use dbaccess with the terminal putty and the characterset 8859-4, I can see all the special characters correctly.
    How can I use the ISO8859-4 over JDBC connection? I tested it with DB_LOCALE and CLIENT_LOCALE but I get an error message, if I use another then en_US.8859-1: "Unable to load locale categories"
    Why is it with "putty" so easy (without DB_LOCALE,CLIENT_LOCALE set) and over JDBC or JAVA so hard to understand?
    Is there anybody out there who can give me a hint, please?
    Or an example for jdbc-connection for another special country?

Best Regards,

Juergen
    Hi Juergen,

I do not be sure but test with export DBNLS=[0|1|2], then run dbaccess.

Gustavo.