Unanswered: Priinting Forms..

I have a main form with buttons when pressed opens a new form...

When the new form opens.. I want to be able to print it..

What happens is. .. When I open the main form and click on the button to get the new form .. the new form pops up.. i go and hit the print icon in the menu.. and it prints out the main form..

I tried.. closing the main form when the new form opens. and see if it prints out the new form but it doest.. it still trys to print out the main form....

any thoughts ?? thanks

Re: Priinting Forms..

Have you set the Popup and/or Modal properties for the forms (other than the Main Form) to Yes? ... I think you'll find that this makes the printing work like you want...

HTH

Cool

My main form is full screen so I didnt set it to pop up.. but the other forms are.. I have set it to pop up to yes.. and modal is set to no.. In this case. .. It still prints out the main form..

If i set the pop up to no and modal to yes.. then i get the form i wanted to print.. but now.. the form comes up as full screen..

any ideas ??

thanks !

Originally posted by TonyT
    My main form is full screen so I didnt set it to pop up.. but the other forms are.. I have set it to pop up to yes.. and modal is set to no.. In this case. .. It still prints out the main form..

If i set the pop up to no and modal to yes.. then i get the form i wanted to print.. but now.. the form comes up as full screen..

any ideas ??

thanks !

Set both Popup and Modal on the forms (other than the main) to Yes...

Trudi

Thanks for the quick response.. When i set both to yes.. I can click anything else besides whats inside the form.. Plus the printer icon is blanked out.. as to if I cannot use it.. not active

thanks again

Originally posted by TonyT
    Trudi

Thanks for the quick response.. When i set both to yes.. I can click anything else besides whats inside the form.. Plus the printer icon is blanked out.. as to if I cannot use it.. not active

thanks again
    Oops... Sorry about that Tony... I thought that would have worked...

Is there a reason why you want to be able to click the Access Toolbar Printer Icon?...

If not, why not add a command "Print" button to your form, using the Wizard... I just did it and it works fine... It looks like the familiar Print button on the toolbar... and it is on the form itself... so it's easy... Here's the code that is created behind the button if you use the wizard...

Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrint_Click

Dim stDocName As String
    Dim MyForm As Form

stDocName = "frmAdjustments"
    Set MyForm = Screen.ActiveForm
    DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, stDocName, True
    DoCmd.PrintOut
    DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, MyForm.Name, False

Exit_cmdPrint_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_cmdPrint_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_cmdPrint_Click

End Sub

If it's imperative that you be able to use the Print Button on the Access Toolbar, we're going to think of something else... Let me know...
    Last edited by Trudi; 12-30-03 at 13:26.

Ahh yes.. I think putting a button out there is fine..

thanks so much for the help..