Arrow Unanswered: synchronize with no connection

Please we need help in the next Scenario:-
    - Head office SQL Server 2000 including main database (huge db for about 8 systems).
    - 8-10 branches with small database (for 3 systems only).
    - No connection available between all offices.
    1- In daily basis we need to transfer all transaction updates done in all offices to update the main database in head office.
    2- After updating head office we need to transfer the last case in 2 or 3 tables to all offices again.
    3- There are some common tables, managed in head office only (usually not changed), in case this tables changed for enhancement or anything else, we need to transfer this change to all offices.

NOTE: No connection available every where, therefore we need hand carry solutions as soon as possible and please tell me in details as you can because the time is too short.

Do you have ADD and Update datetime columns that indicate what adta has changed?

How about an Offcie code that identifies what data belongs to what office?

Can offices cross administer data?

Why can't they dial up?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Review snapshot replication.

Originally posted by rnealejr
    Review snapshot replication.
    How would you do that when they're not wired?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Provided Answers: 11
    Maybe (and I shudder to even suggest this), you have to carry the data to the remote sites on CD? Either detach dbs, and burn to CD, or use a backup burned to a CD. But then you have all sorts of copies of your databases running around the world, of which none are password protected. Hope you don't depend on the security of this sort of system. Only marginally better is to rig a laptop with copies of the database you need to replicate. Now all you have to worry about is having the magic laptop stolen. Ugh.

SQLDBCompare will solve your problem

Try SQLDBCompare, it will compare databases schema and table records. For more infomation, please visit http://www.bestsofttool.com.

Working in Disconnected mode

HI.THis is the one of the best solution you can adapt.Use msmq adapted with dotnet disconnected archtecture.You will have the limited data which is required with your remote office and you need not worry about data consistency.Once in a day or weekly basis you can connect to main database and update the changes in main database and as well as you can pull the data from main database to remote system.Use ADO .net and MSMQ will solve the problem.