Unanswered: SQL Server, JBoss and JDBC

I am having difficulty connecting to a SQL Server 7.0 database. I have an application running on JBoss 3.2.x, and which connects to an Oracle database without problem. However, I also need to have the application connect to a SQL Server 7.0 database.

I have a set of jar files which are added to my classpath for SQL Server. There were three jars (msutil.jar, msbase.jar and mssqlserver.jar) that had to be added to the classpath to get that far. However the application reported that the connection could not be established.

So, I wrote a java class to see if I could replicate the problem, or establish a connection and possibly figure out whether it was the application or the database. The class threw an exception and indicated that the driver was for SQL Server 2000, and was incompatible with SQL Server 7.0.

Has anyone used SQL Server 7.0 with JBoss and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Have you tried using sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver ? Here is a link to purchase a sql server 7 driver:

link