down on the cube farm, left then right then another left

Unanswered: object libraries in Forms 9i

I can not figure out object libraries in Forms 9i.

I am trying to figure out how I can use an object library but still be able to modify the object library members to reflect a change that needs to propagate throughout my forms. It appears that you can not edit object library members directly. Therefore I have tried creating my standards in a base form and then inserting them in to the object library. The problem I encounter in the target form is that when I try to subclass to the object library the object name drop down only lists <null>. I must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Presently I am just subclassing from my "base" form and that works. I just would like ot figure out object libraries.

Thumbs up

Hi,

You can use the fm2lib61.exe utility to modify form designer standard
    object library items.
    SATHISH .

Thumbs up

Hi,

You can refer to the fm2lib61.txt in the <ORAHOME>\cgenf61, for more
    details.
    SATHISH .

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    I am not trying to alter the standard libraries. I am trying to build & alter my own? Is the process the same?

Speaking of Standard libraries, I can not find any. I have looked on my system but there are none there. I should note I am developing on 9i for 9iAS but I do not have access to the actual AS installation. That is at the client site. They just gave me the 9iDS stuff and a 9i vanilla data base.