Unanswered: SQLException: java.sql.Connection.close() requested while a transaction is in progres

I am trying to query (a SELECT) a dab3 database with JAVA JDBC API.

The select query works fine, but when i try to close the JDBC Connection that I opened processing Query, I get the above titled error.

The full stack trace is below:

com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SQLException: java.sql.Connection.close() requested while a transaction is in progress on the connection.The transaction remains active, and the connection cannot be closed.
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.l.j(l.java:556)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.l.close(l.java:540)

Any one got an idea how to resolve this?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jeeva

Wink Re: SQLException: java.sql.Connection.close() requested while a transaction is in progres

Sorry, for the typo - i meant db2 not db3!

Re: SQLException: java.sql.Connection.close() requested while a transaction is in progres

Got the same problem as you. I am using the type 2 com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver driver.

Any luck?

Re: SQLException: java.sql.Connection.close() requested while a transaction is in progres

Yes, Got a solution - Kinda workaround.

Before closing the connection, If I do a COMMIT, then connection closes normally.

But Not sure Why do you have do a COMMIT for a SELECT is something unanswerd.

The samething works alright without a COMMIt In ORACLE.

Weird!

-Jeeva

Provided Answers: 1

Re: SQLException: java.sql.Connection.close() requested while a transaction is in pro

Originally posted by jeeva
    Yes, Got a solution - Kinda workaround.

Before closing the connection, If I do a COMMIT, then connection closes normally.

But Not sure Why do you have do a COMMIT for a SELECT is something unanswerd.

The samething works alright without a COMMIt In ORACLE.

Weird!

-Jeeva
    normally you would need to close ResultSet and Statement before attempting to close the Connection... I think this is where your problem lies.

Re: SQLException: java.sql.Connection.close() requested while a transaction is in pro

Yeah, I verified that we do Close the ResultSet. We are also closing Statement.

Finally Close the COnnection - before which with out a COMMIT - it causes the error!

Smile autocommit needs to be set true before close

When you set autocommit=false before executing savepoint / rollback operations, you need to set autocommit=true before closing the connection.