down on the cube farm, left then right then another left

Unanswered: Call_Form() problem

Setup: Forms 9i on 9i. Developing app for 9iAS distribution but only have the standalone version of 9i for development. Using "OC4J" app to allow web forms to run. I have created several forms and they are all in the same directory.

When I issue a call to Call_Form() it returns a FRM-40010 "Cannot read form <name>". The causes listed are 1) spelled wrong (it is not), 2) incomplete path (I didn't give one, more on this later), 3) no privileges (I can run at from Forms BUilder), 4) no compiled (it is).

I am assuming that it is the path issue. I do not want to hardcode a path to the object because that would defeat the purpose of web enabling wouldn' it? I am assuming the web server dodad will set the path.

Thanks.

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left

Re: Call_Form() problem

Originally posted by Todd Barkus
    Setup: Forms 9i on 9i. Developing app for 9iAS distribution but only have the standalone version of 9i for development. Using "OC4J" app to allow web forms to run. I have created several forms and they are all in the same directory.

When I issue a call to Call_Form() it returns a FRM-40010 "Cannot read form <name>". The causes listed are 1) spelled wrong (it is not), 2) incomplete path (I didn't give one, more on this later), 3) no privileges (I can run at from Forms BUilder), 4) no compiled (it is).

I am assuming that it is the path issue. I do not want to hardcode a path to the object because that would defeat the purpose of web enabling wouldn' it? I am assuming the web server dodad will set the path.

Thanks.
    Never mind. Sometimes my brain lags behind my fingers. Of course it is something the web server dodad will set. That is why you can set it in the config file. duh!