Unanswered: How to run form9i from windowsxp laptop

I am new to run form9i in windowx xp at my laptop. Even if I started OC4J and edit edit->preference-> web browser location to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE. When I clicked icon in form builder to run a form, only IE appeared but nothing happened. Any help is highly appreciated.

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    Did OC4J start successfully?

Are you developing a form or just running someone elses form?

Does the form you are running have an active item? That is to say some field from the DB? No amount of coaxing will get Forms to display an form that does not have an active field. The Only way I have every been able to display a "blank" screen is to create a db field with dimension .1 X .1. Too small for the human to see but enough to make forms display.

Other than that give some more detail about what is going on.

I created my form based scott's emp table and assign data block to canvas2 by layout wizard. On layout edit, I can see the correct layout. but, I started OC4J and got the following error and run the emp form, the browser was just blank, even if I tried open the configure file under C:\oracle\ora92D/forms90/server/formsweb.cfg, but the system hung up when I check task manager showed me "server not responding":

C:\Documents and Settings\Wenyi Bi\Desktop>C:\oracle\ora92D\jdk\bin\java -Dorg.o
    mg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=
    com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB -Doracle.security.jazn.config=C:\oracle\ora92D\j2ee \
    Oracle9iDS\config\jazn.xml -Doracle.home=C:\oracle\ora92D -DORACLE_HOME=C:\oracl
    e\ora92D -jar C:\oracle\ora92D\j2ee\home\oc4j.jar -userThreads -config C:\oracle
    \ora92D\j2ee\Oracle9iDS\config\server.xml
    Oracle9iAS (9.0.2.0.0) Containers for J2EE initialized
    FormsServlet init():
    configFileName: C:\oracle\ora92D/forms90/server/formsweb.cfg
    testMode: false

Thanks for any further help

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    I don't do Windoze.
    I do support 9iAS R2 on Solaris.
    In order to successfully "serve" webforms a number of things must be working AND properly configured; which include Apache & OC4J.
    The way I validate if both are up is to:
    dcmctl getstate -v
    AFAIK, unless & until both are "UP" no forms will get served to any browser.

Originally posted by Wenyi
    I created my form based scott's emp table and assign data block to canvas2 by layout wizard. On layout edit, I can see the correct layout. but, I started OC4J and got the following error and run the emp form, the browser was just blank, even if I tried open the configure file under C:\oracle\ora92D/forms90/server/formsweb.cfg, but the system hung up when I check task manager showed me "server not responding":

C:\Documents and Settings\Wenyi Bi\Desktop>C:\oracle\ora92D\jdk\bin\java -Dorg.o
    mg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=
    com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB -Doracle.security.jazn.config=C:\oracle\ora92D\j2ee \
    Oracle9iDS\config\jazn.xml -Doracle.home=C:\oracle\ora92D -DORACLE_HOME=C:\oracl
    e\ora92D -jar C:\oracle\ora92D\j2ee\home\oc4j.jar -userThreads -config C:\oracle
    \ora92D\j2ee\Oracle9iDS\config\server.xml
    Oracle9iAS (9.0.2.0.0) Containers for J2EE initialized
    FormsServlet init():
    configFileName: C:\oracle\ora92D/forms90/server/formsweb.cfg
    testMode: false

Thanks for any further help

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Two can play your game.

Redundancy is the best way to teach idiots.

You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make him think.

Since you insist that all is well with your setup;
    then obviously nothing is wrong and/or you don't need our assistance.

You're On Your Own (YOYO)!

Thumbs up

Hi,

Apply the patch & then invoke form builder.
    SATHISH .

Originally posted by satish_ct
    Hi,

Apply the patch & then invoke form builder.
    Hi,
    But, what pathch should I install? Please advise me exactly. Thanks

Wenyi

Whoa Anacedent. What brought on that response? All I saw was a blank response from Wenyi and you take her to task? Giving Wenyi the benefit of the doubt I would assume user error on sending a blank response, not attitude.

Wenyi, I am developing on win2K so it seems like our setups are somewhat similar. As Anacedent mentioned in her (ahem) message you might have to manually start the HTTPserver process.

Your OC4J output is typical/correct (it looks like mine anyway). Is the hanging process you reference the OC4J process? There is a "shutdown OC4J" process that shold be used to stop OC4J. Killing it does not allow cleanup to occur. That said you might start getting an error in your OC4J output. If so it is an easy fix.

Your output really sounds like the same thing I have had happen to me. It was caused by not having a navigable field on the page. As you say however it sounds like that is not your issue. Weirder things have happend. I would suggest starting fresh. Lay out a NEW form and having another go at it.

1. Shut down OC4J does not work when I started OC4J, I have to manualy to turn off
    2. After OC4J run, I click run form icon in form build. Oracle 9i Form service run, then, the dialo "FRM-90928 positional parameter after key on command line" appeared. After I click OK button, the screen show nothing.

Any help is highly appreciated.

... and did you follow up on the FRM-90928 error?

"Cause:__The parameters are not in the proper order on the command line, there is a missing parameter, or a missing '=' sign . "

I realize it is not real helpful to say, but you have some setup issues that are not completed/not correct. I had the same problem with my OC4J app (shutdown did not have any affect). Try running {DS HOME}\j2ee\Oracle9iDS\originst.bat. I think that is what did it for me.

That however does not address your real issue. Look at your command line, maybe you will get some hints there. It is probably the command line in the browser. Have you altered the conf90.conf file other the other config files in that directory? Maybe something has gone wrong there {DS HOME}\forms90\server.

If all else fails recheck your installation documentation. Maybe you missed a step.

HTH, SIANMH (Sorry I am not more helpful)