Thread: Hi

Unanswered: Hi

Hi

Can anybody tell me what are the possible causes when a client update request to a server fails..

Some of the ones i suppose r

1 Master server down
    2 Link Failure
    3 Update Request query syntax invalid

Any more.................

Login does not exist - permissions issue, database offline/suspect/corruption, locking issues...

I read your other post about replication concerns - do you have problems now ?

Hi

thnx a lot sir for responding to my second query...as far as the first is concened i am still facing the same problems...

I understand the concept of master n slave relationship but have certain queries regarding this...

1) In case the master is down i do i configure my sysem so that a present active slave becomes the master or any other way to tackle this situation.How does the clients know about this new server being set as the master .

2)The master is run as a myslq demon . Now the slaves though being servers ..are run as clients of the master server with a definate usernme who has been granted REPLICATION SLAVE PERMISSion set at the master server??

i.e do i run the slaves as mysql -h xxx -u xxxx -p ?? --mysql client ?

3)Is it necessary t take a snapshot of the datadir at the serer , for the first time i set up replication ?/?

Kindly help me out
    Thnx
    Varun